My Sunburns have Sunburns

Another week in the books. Seriously time is flying by this summer, I can't believe it's already July. Still not exactly sure where June went. This last week has been packed with fun adventures at work as well as exploring.

Bee Sting 
The biggest event that happened to me this last week is that I got stung by a bee, right on the lips. No joke. There I was riding minding my own business as I rode my bike to work and then BAM out of nowhere I see something fly towards me and that fill this intense jab in my lip. I quickly raised my arm and brushed whatever was up there down onto the ground, but that didn't stop the immense pain I was feeling in my lip. It felt like a had 100 needles just poking on my lip. At this moment I was still on my bike and I didn't really know what to do. I couldn't just stop riding because then I would be late for work. I thought about turning around and going home but realized I was halfway to work and work was downhill while home was uphill. At this moment I started crying because the pain was so severe, and I could feel my lip slowly getting bigger. I realized that we have all the tools at work to treat bee stings so I might as well just keep riding. I just kept riding and the pain dimmed a little. By the time I got to work half my lip was numb. Like when you get a cavity filled numb. I walked into the office and got an ice pack for my mouth and just put it on my lip to stop the swelling. The first hour or so at work I couldn't speak well and my lip was in pain. It gradually went back to normal size and the numbness went away. When I told Brennan he asked if there was anything he could pick up on his way home from work to help with it. I told him ice cream because obviously, that cures everything.

Thursday evening we checked out the local farmers market here in Los Altos. We (and when I say we I mean Brennan) found an Authentic Mexican Food Truck. We enjoyed some delicious food and then wandered around the various food stands. There was a lot of fruit and veggies. We bought some apricot plums which were super super delicious. Everyone should eat those every day.

Farmers Market
This week at work Brennan switched teams (his internship is divided into 2 parts so now he is on part 2). So now that means he's working with someone else and doing different models with Excel. His boss is French and the other one is Canadian.

We made a fantastic discovery this week. It's called Blue-Ray Player on a 50 inch  HD TV. This TV is so nice and built into the wall that the blue -ray player is in the closet and then wired through the wall to the TV.  The quality is top notch and there is also a very nice speaker. So now our favorite thing to do is go to the library and find a blue-rays and then watch them. Our library has a huge selection of movies to choose from. It's better than Redbox and Netflix combined. Seriously you can get any movie there. We've never left empty handed. It's like the happiness of going to Blockbuster video  (back in the day) mixed with the selection from vidangel with a free coupon thrown in.  #purehappiness  Brennan says he'll watch any movie on that TV because it's so nice and makes any movie worth watching. How are we going to go back to watching movies on our laptops? I don't know.

Hiking
Saturday we got ourselves out of the house to go explore Big Basin Redwoods State Park! It's about an hour drive down a very very windy road like even if you've never been carsick in your life you will after 20 minutes of driving on this road. The park was beautiful and covered in Redwood trees. They were the biggest trees Brennan has ever seen. We went on a pleasant hike to a waterfall and enjoyed wandering through the redwoods. We loved being in the forest and enjoying nature. I especially enjoyed smelling the wonderful forest air.

One last note to add. Going back to the title of this post. I have gotten so sunburned at work. I am doing better now, but the first few weeks I forgot to put sunscreen on my ears and got such a bad burn that the burn turned to a blister and I looked like a character from Star Trek. Now I remember to put sunscreen on my ears. All is well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sand,Strawberries and SUP's

when breakfast becomes fish food

Forgetting about New Year's Resolutions and other New Year thoughts