Sand,Strawberries and SUP's

Well, we've barely been in California a week and we decided to take a trip! We drove down to Nipomo California and spent the weekend with the California Murrays.  We had an action packed weekend and really enjoyed seeing the ocean and soaking in some vitamin D. 

On Saturday we went paddle boarding with my Aunt and Uncle. We had an adventurous paddle that was basically like a going through an aquarium. We passed sea otters floating together and we also saw Sea Lions chillin on the boat docks barking loudly. We paddled all the way to a cute little lighthouse and enjoyed walking around and taking in the view. My favorite part was a giant swing that overlooked the ocean. While swinging you felt like you were flying over the ocean, I did not want to get off.

Saturday afternoon we went to the Strawberry Festival, a local event the city has once a year. There were lots of strawberries (which are basically straight from the field) and lots of booths with crafts from local artists. We ate some delicious strawberry shortcake and enjoyed walking through the fun booths. That night we decided to act like teenagers and went to see Pirates of the Carribean 5 at 10:10 pm with my cousins. I honestly thought I was going to fall asleep in the movie theater because it was so late. Ever since we've been married 10:30 has pretty much been our bedtime. We both get up around 6:00 for work that we have just gotten in the habit of going to bed early. So staying up late to watch a movie was a crazy thing for us. We even drank some coke (which we don't even like) in order to have the energy to stay awake. Was it worth it?  Yes.  I thought the movie was great, and Captain Jack Sparrow had some hilarious lines which kept me awake.
After church on Sunday, we enjoyed a pleasant walk on the beach collecting sea shells and sand dollars and admiring the beautiful ocean. I told Brennan that basically, the ocean is my happy spot so if I'm ever mad he just needs to bring to the ocean. We had a nice family dinner and then played an intense game of Scatagories. Which I still am bitter about not getting points for saying that kale was something found at a stadium. It was oh so fun to spend time with family and play games.

Monday we got to go out paddle boarding again, this time at Morro Bay. We paddled in the harbor and saw otters again as well as lots of sailboats. We both really love paddle boarding and hopefully, on some future day, we'll own our own paddle boards! 

Comments

  1. I can confirm, kale is not found in a stadium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in Oregon it's probably super common.

      Delete
    2. I vote thumbs up on Kale being found in a stadium. I bought dried Kale at the SLC farmers market last year..... and I'm sure someone else did and brought it to rice eccles stadium. Sorry I wasn't there to vote for you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

when breakfast becomes fish food

Forgetting about New Year's Resolutions and other New Year thoughts