The economy may not be regressing, but our baby is

Apparently, there's this thing called "The four month sleep regression" that babies go through when they're four months. Yeah, this was not in the (non-existent) handbook. This happened just as I thought her sleep routine was perfect. She was sleeping for about 8 hours, everyone was happy, now no one is. This led to many hours of Googling. Ok side note, how in the world did anyone know how to parent a child without Google? I think I ask Google a parenting question ten times a day. Hey Google, what does it mean if my baby's poop is green, all they drink is milk? Hey Google, how do I use a bulb syringe to get snot from my baby's nose? I even asked Alexa to play womb noises one night. So how my parents and grandparents managed to raise children without instant answers is beyond me. 

Ok back on track, so I researched and read many articles on how to help our little Kollins return to her previous state of sleeping. There were so many suggestions and methods. I tried a few, lots of trial and error, and mostly nothing is solved. Just a lot more naps for me, so that I can survive multiple wake ups in the night. #parenting

On another note, I have learned that having a cute baby is the easiest way for people to talk to you and invite you over to their house. A couple months after having Kollins friends invited us to dinner, mostly so they could hold Kollins. Which is a win-win for me, I don't have to cook dinner and I don't have to hold my baby. However, on the flip side, I get more strangers making comments about my baby at the grocery store. Anywhere from the lady in the frozen aisle wishing she could hold my baby, to the man asking for donations outside the store, asking how old she is. Sometimes Kollins distracts my grocery shopping. I'm staring at a shelf trying to figure out which flavor of Triscuits to buy when someone comes over and starts talking to her, then I have to smile and be courteous, meanwhile, my concentration is totally ruined and I have to start all over thinking about what flavor to get. I'll have to wait till she's a little older when the workers in the bakery department give her free cookies, and then I'll make her split them with me.  Or just eat it. 

Even though this parent journey is literally the hardest thing I've ever done, mentally, physically and emotionally. It pays off when you see that smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sand,Strawberries and SUP's

Forgetting about New Year's Resolutions and other New Year thoughts

when breakfast becomes fish food