Can we just take a step back and realize how fast the summer is flying by? We've already been out here for five weeks! Next week we will be reaching our halfway point, that seems oh so crazy. Our California Adventure just keeps getting better each week. This week Los Altos was hit by a heat wave and we both almost boiled to death. Brennan had a fun week at work with conferences and outings while I was left to fry at my own job. Over the weekend we snuck to Monterey again and had another splendid Saturday! First, let's talk about Brennan's amazing week. He had a three-day conference at his work, with lots of meetings and breakout sessions and then fun party stuff. His work gave him breakfast every day and then in the evening he went out to dinner with his co-workers and then they also did finance team bonding activities. One night for their dinner they went to a restaurant/bar and Brennan had his first experience of watching everyone around him drink alcohol and practice...
Fall is here and with it a new semester and marching band! I spent the week before school marching and practicing 11 hours a day. I was swamped with new music and new ways to march, > but I survived band camp and lived to see our first home game, BYU vs UW. It was very nerve-breaking to march out onto a field surrounded by a packed stadium, but all went well and I didn't faint due to heat exhaustion, th ough it was quite hot and I was wearing a wool uniform. The band is quite exhilarating and I'm always meeting new people or learning new things. The new semester is also going well, I'm trying to keep up in all my classes as my homework time competes with my marching band time. My favorite class is Book of Mormon, I love discovering new insights when I read.
Last weekend was my birthday and also National Public Lands Day, which translates to free day at National Parks. Well, I jumped at this opportunity to explore Muir Woods because usually, it is $10 a person for a day pass and Brennan and I are frugal people (sometimes). I planned the day out very well because there were many things I wanted to see in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area after we were done exploring Muir Woods. The evening before we left I made a power point Presentation and presented it to Brennan so he would have a clear picture of everything we were going to do. He's a business major and sometimes you just have to speak his language, through excel sheets and power points. It took a lot of planning because we had to get parking reservations and work out all the timings right. We left early in the morning to get there by 8:00am. For Muir Woods, you either have to pay to have parking reservations or pay to ride the shuttle to the park entrance. It's a sma...
Comments
Post a Comment