It begins and ends with Taylor Swift

I love music. I love that music can express emotions, and thoughts that I can't.  When I first started dating someone the song "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift became our song. It just captured the feelings that we had for each other as well as perfectly portrayed our story of how we started dating.  I knew I liked him and just had to show him that he liked me, even though he already had a girlfriend.

He went through some hard times, and broke up with his girl friend and I was always there for him.  Through months of friendship he finally realized that I did belong with him and started dating me.  Throughout our relationship it was just like a fairy tale. He called me princess and treated me like one. I was so happy. There seemed to be no other man on the planet that could be as good as the one I was lucky enough to date.

However soon the fairy tale magic faded and our relationship came to an end.  Throughout the days of our slow break up the song "White Horse" by Taylor Swift depicted my feelings. I would turn this song on and cry while I listened to it.  Here are the lyrics to the chorus:

"I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale
  I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet
  Lead her up the stairwell."


The realization that my fairy tale days were over was what made me cry the most. The fact that I wasn't going to have my prince say good morning to me every day and watch our for me. Now I was back to being just a normal girl. This was hard to face. I loved being a princess and didn't want to give that up.

However I heard some comforting words by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf that helped me through the breakup. "You are truly royal spirit daughters of Almightly God. You are princesses, destined to become queens." (Your Happily Ever After).  Hearing a reminder that I didn't need a boy to make me a princess gave me the comfort I needed. I'm still just as amazing as I was before I dated the boy and I still have a great destiny before me.  I know that I can still live happily ever after.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgetting about New Year's Resolutions and other New Year thoughts

Sand,Strawberries and SUP's

when breakfast becomes fish food